Re: htdig: cron job

Erik Campo (campo@atm.teleinfo.uqam.ca)
Tue, 12 May 1998 13:15:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 13 May 1998, Manfroni Tiziana wrote:

> I run htdig and htmerge from a cron job
> each night:
>
> /usr/local/sbin/htdig/bin/htdig
> /usr/local/sbin/htdig/bin/htmerge
>
> and I keep gettign an error saying:
> "htmerge: word count failed" but if
> I run it manually I get no such error.
>
> I try to redirect the standard output to a file.
> In the crontab file, you have to written
>
> /usr/local/sbin/htdig/bin/htdig >/tmp/htdig.log
> /usr/local/sbin/htdig/bin/htmerge >/tmp/htmerge.log
>
> but I have the same problem
>
> How can I risolve this problem ?
> Tiziana Manfroni

You should use the "rundig" script that comes with
the package. That's what I do. Of course, I've modified
it a little. And each Friday morning, I get a new database.
No errors whatsoever.

Cheers:)

The trees that whisper in the evening, # Erik Campo
Carried away by a moonlight shadow. # campo@atm.teleinfo.uqam.ca
Sing a song of sorrow and grieving, #
Carried away by a moonlight shadow. Mike Oldfield #