htdig: Sites found but not indexed?

Alex Block (alex@yourbottomline.com)
Mon, 11 May 1998 16:20:46 -0400

<bigger>I have some strange things happening with two sites we are
indexing with htdig:

1) The first site is:

www.nseia.ns.ca

The verbose from rundig indicates that it finds the site (New server:
www.nseia.ns.ca, 80)...

The log reports that the index page for the site is indexed
(http://www.nseia.ns.ca/: +++- size = 1296)

But then it begins reporting indexing pages that don't appear under that
URL, for example:

27:10:1:http://www.nseia.ns.ca/Fusion/about-us.html: **---- size = 3963

</bigger>

2) The second site is:

<bigger>www.neia.org -- which is up and running, but that htdig reports
as not found....

</bigger>Anyone have ideas why htdig might be responding in this fashion
for either of these sites?

Thanks,

Alex Block

MarketAccess Communications Inc. alex@yourbottomline.com

1376 Bank St, Ottawa, Canada www.yourbottomline.com

     "The only reason we put you on-line is to improve your bottom line!"