htdig: Sites found but not indexed?

Alex Block (
Mon, 11 May 1998 16:20:46 -0400

<bigger>I have some strange things happening with two sites we are
indexing with htdig:

1) The first site is:

The verbose from rundig indicates that it finds the site (New server:, 80)...

The log reports that the index page for the site is indexed
( +++- size = 1296)

But then it begins reporting indexing pages that don't appear under that
URL, for example:

27:10:1: **---- size = 3963

2) The second site is:

<bigger> -- which is up and running, but that htdig reports
as not found....

</bigger>Anyone have ideas why htdig might be responding in this fashion
for either of these sites?

Alex Block

MarketAccess Communications Inc.

1376 Bank St, Ottawa, Canada

     "The only reason we put you on-line is to improve your bottom line!"