Re: htdig: htdig hangs with many limit_urls_to

Christian Gut (lametta@www.gut.regio.de)
Mon, 11 May 1998 16:25:16 +0200 (MEST)

On Sun, 10 May 1998, Nyced wrote:

> In other words I only want what is within that section of the
> internet.
>
> So for http://www.internetghana.com/digisign and http://www.ghana.com
> htdig should start at both sites and limit traversal to those same
> sites.
>
> htDig appears to hang when I do this for about ... 200 urls.

So you want dig 200 different sites. That means you have 200 different
entries in the start-url: field of teh config file. I'm right?

> Before I go in and try and debug, I would like to know if this has been solved
> by anyone else. It shouldn't take this long to create a list of patterns. A
> cursory glance at the code showed that htdig would most likely be building the regexps ...

Well, i have still a similar problem with long entries in the start_url:
fied. If there are more than about 30 URL'S htsearch will hang in the
digging prcess (or was it before digging?). And as far as i know, this
problem appears at other sites as well and there hasn't been a fix until
now.

So I think there are a lot of glad admins, if
will fix the bug.

Chrsitian Gut