ht://Dig request

Goran Helmersson (gohel@mai.liu.se)
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 12:30:56 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello!

I have installed your search engine ht://Dig at our departments
www-site, and we are very pleased with it. However, I have a
question and/or request:

Most our documents are in Swedish, using iso-8859/1 for the
Swedish characters å, ä, ö ( i.e. å, ä and ö ).
HtDig can handle them just fine. But when non-Swedish-speaking
users search our site I would want them to find the right pages
even if they use ASCII-letters in their queries. For example, if
they search for my name as

   Goran Helmersson

they should find also

   Göran Helmersson
   Göran Helmersson

Can this be done in htDig? Ideally I would want to set up some
kind of translation table for letters sequences of letters so
that "o" matches "ö", "ö" and "oe".

With kind regards,

Göran Helmersson, Linköping, Sweden

--
-- Goran Helmersson, Dept of Math., Univ of Linkoping, Sweden
-- E-mail: gohel@mai.liu.se    WWW: http://www.mai.liu.se/~gohel/