htdig: patch for new urls

Steve Scott (sscott@uucom.com)
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 15:50:05 -0400 (EDT)

Edmond,
        I have reinstalled the patch you submitted from a clean version of htdig
3.0.8b2. I found that with a small database (3 pages) the -n option for htdig dug
the new web pages fine. I used this command to do so.
htdig -n -c ${CONF_DIR}/htdig.conf -s I had this in a shell program to use
another config file other than the one we have in production. When I tried this
on a larger sample the time to dig was 45 minutes. I then dug
with the -i option and it took only 15 minutes. With the -n output I dug
868 pages and with the -i option I dug only 667 pages. I made no changes to the
config file or any pages in between the htdig commands. Any idea what happened here?
Thanks,
Steve.