Re: htdig: htdig survey

Tue, 21 Apr 1998 09:47:07 -0400

> - machine type
PPro-200 running Solaris-x86 2.5.1
> - htdig version (should always be 3.0.8b2 up to now)
3.0.8b2 (patched)
> - primary use of htdig (corporate, datasheets, <whatever>)
General website index
1
> - # of docs indexed
37275
> - # of words indexed
1888676
> - size of databases
300 MB total
> - average updates (once a day, week, month...)
Daily
> - average running time htdig/htmerge ...
1 hr htdig, 1 hr htmerge
> - patches used
local user / local directories
http://wso.williams.edu/search/
ghutchis@wso.williams.edu
> - problems
None
> - any other information.
I'd love to see pipelined HTTP/1.1 connections... Currently not much of a
modification from the default results template