htdig: Index only certain parts of a web page?

B.A. Reid (B.A.Reid@newcastle.ac.uk)
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 13:56:24 +0100 (BST)

I use hypermail to display mailing list archives on the web, and I'm
trying to index these using htdig.

The HTML for each message contains comment strings dividing the message
into different sections (header, body etc) and I'd like to be use these to
index only parts of a page, so the text containing header information and
links to previous/next message, threaded messages etc is not indexed.

Has anyone else had a similiar problem or found a solution?

Is it possible to run pages thro some kind of filter before they are indexed?

--
Bronwen Reid, Mailbase, Computing Service, University of Newcastle, NE1 7RU
Tel: (0191) 222-8214    Email: B.A.Reid@newcastle.ac.uk