Re: htdig: Two databases, how do I tell htsearch to look at the other one?

Tim Frost (tim@nz.eds.com)
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 11:33:12 +1200 (NZST)

John,

Like htdig, htsearch needs to be told the name of the config file. This
is done by a field in the form. The default form has the following:
        <input type=hidden name=config value=htdig>
which specifies the default config file (/usr/lib/htdig/conf/htdig.conf
on my RedHat 4 server). Note that the directory name, /usr/lib/htdig/conf
and the suffix (.conf) are NOT specified.

And the template files that htsearch uses to build result forms have the
line:
        <input type=hidden name=config value=$(CONFIG)>
which continues to use the same config file.

If you want to allow users to search either database, you need to change
the config field from hidden, and offer a selection.

Eg:
Index to search: <select name=config>
<option value=htdig>Standard
<option value=merlin>Merlin
</select>

The above assumes that the default config file, htdig.conf, specifies the
database in /home/httpd/html/htdig/db and that the configuration file
merlin.conf specifies the database in /home/httpd/html/htdig/merlin

Obviously, the descriptions (Standard/Merlin) should be descriptive of
what the database is an index of.

On Mon, 20 Apr 1998, John A. Adams wrote:

> I created two conf files, and two databases in different directories but I
> can't seem to get the search page to look at the other directory.
>
> Anybody have any ideas?
>
> One is in /home/httpd/html/htdig/db
> the other in /home/httpd/html/htdig/merlin

> the body of the message.

Tim Frost, Systems Engineer Email: Tim.Frost@nz.eds.com
EDS (NZ) Ltd, Voice: +64 4 495-0504
P.O. Box 3647, Fax: +64 4 495-0473