Re: htdig: patch for Retriever.cc

Joe R. Jah (jjah@cloud.ccsf.cc.ca.us)
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 10:22:54 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 17 Apr 1998, Steve Scott wrote:

> Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 08:44:47 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Steve Scott <sscott@uucom.com>
> To: "Joe R. Jah" <jjah@cloud.ccsf.cc.ca.us>
> Cc: Steve Scott <sscott@bman.uucom.com>
> Subject: Re: htdig: patch for Retriever.cc
>
> Joe,
> Thanks for the information on the patches. I looked at them and will apply them.
> When you said that then needed to be applied in order, do you mean apply one , compile,
> then apply the second one. Can't I just make all the changes at once and then
> recompile? I am not real familiar with C code, but it looks like a few hours of

Yes, you can make all the changes and then compile.

> cutting and pasting the code into place. Why weren't the 3.07 patches included in
> the 3.08 code? This does not make sense to me. Are there any other patches that I should
> apply? I have the 3.08 patches already and I was only going to apply the one that
> checks the inodes for duplicate references.

I do not know why they weren't included in the 3.08b. Unfortunately the
line numbers may not match and you should do it the hard way, manually
patch the changes; some of the memory leak patches have been applied;
you'd see them in the code. There are at least two of Pasi's patches you
should apply; they both relate to local file systems.

> On another note, I thought that I read that there is a way for htdig to only dig
> for pages that have changed since the last dig, and then append this to the database. Do
> you know anything about this? Or am I mistaken? Currently it takes 6-10 hours for our
> customer to dig all the web sites that we want. It would be nice to dig out only the
> pages that have changed.

I refer this question to the list;-)

Joe

  _/_/ oe _/ _/. _/_/ ah jjah@cloud.ccsf.cc.ca.us