Re: another question

Webmaster (web@ns.greencedars.com.lb)
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 22:24:39 +0200

In article <35323474.93AA6712@coopiver.com>,
On Mon, 13 Apr 1998 15:51:16 +0000,
Andrew Scherpbier <andrew@contigo.com> wrote:

> There is currently no good way of doing what you want to do. You'll have to
> recreate the whole index from scratch.

Hi Andrew, and thanks for the reply. I've been able to browse the mailing list
archive finally (the site was down earlier).

We are willing to spend some time developing an application that merges
databases in an effort to make adding sites easier. Can you give us pointers
on pitfalls to watch for? We will be looking at the source code for htdig
as a starting point. ...Or perhaps you have some notes that you've collected
on this task?

   thanks,

     ramzi