Re: htdig: Htdig Using Berkeley 2.3.16 Database System

J.E.J. op den Brouw (jesse@crytonII.st.hhs.nl)
Mon, 06 Apr 1998 11:38:08 +0200

Andrew Scherpbier wrote:

(snip)
> > now and it seems to work on a 7400 doc's database.
>
> Can you send the patches to me? Maybe this should be a 3.0.8b3... :-)

Note: I didn't test it on any other machines than RH 4.2 & 5.0. Don't
know how it compiles on Win32 systems or e.g. Sun. I think you need
at least mmap (but I'm not sure..).

I'll try to make a little how-to on it. I have to recall myself what
I actualy did. B.T.W, how should I interpret the data in the databases?
I don't have the faintest idea.

> > I will make a patch in a few days. Maybe it handy to place a tar file
> > with the complete code somewhere on a web page.
>
> I'll add it to the http://htdig.sdsu.edu site.

Okay, I'll have to pick a nice site to put it on but when it's in
3.0.8b,3 I'll remove it.

> > Anyone interested? Try http://www.st.hhs.nl/zoek_techniek.html
> > (it's in dutch, beware!).
>
> 't ziet er goed uit.

Dank je wel!

> > Linux - because reboots are for hardware changes

It's better that Micro$ost...

> Yes! :-) (Although unfortunately I have had to reboot due to automount
> problems...)

--jesse
Haagse Hogeschool 2521 EN DEN HAAG
Technology Division Netherlands
Department of Electrical Engineering +31 70 4458936