Re: htdig: Pages get indexed several times

Joe R. Jah (jjah@cloud.ccsf.cc.ca.us)
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 14:53:13 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, Warren Jones wrote:

> Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 09:08:32 -0800
> From: Warren Jones <wjones@tc.fluke.com>
> To: berli@switch.ch
> Cc: htdig@sdsu.edu
> Subject: Re: htdig: Pages get indexed several times

[snip]

> However, if you're getting web pages via a local file system,
> recognizing symlinks is considerably easier. I'm enclosing a patch
> against version 3.0.8b2 that avoids symlinks (or hard links) by
> keeping track of the device and inode of each page indexed.
> Note that this will only work if you use the "local_urls" feature
> of version 3.0.8b2.

 - I installed your patch, recompiled the source and got the following:

Retriever.cc:427: Undefined symbol _IsLocal referenced from text segment
make[1]: *** [htdig] Error 1

 - I haven't found any reference to "local_urls" in any of the htdig
   documentation.

Please advise,

Joe

  _/_/ oe _/ _/. _/_/ ah jjah@cloud.ccsf.cc.ca.us