htdig: What about a new release ?

Sylvain Wallez (s.wallez.alcatel@e-mail.com)
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 14:06:09 +0200

Hello, htdig users.

I installed htdig about a week ago on my department's intranet. It works
fine and I find it's a great tool.

But I wonder if it is still under development. The last release
(3.0.8b1) was issued in april 97, and it announced very interesting
features. I am particularly interested in parsing PDF (acrobat) files.
The 'to do' list mentions this work is completed, but not in the current
release. So, any news of a new release ? Is Andrew Scherpbier still
working on it ?

I also made a few changes in the output of htsearch :
- changed the date format to the french format "day/month/year" (maybe
an attribute in the conf file would be better)
- for documents with no title (i.e. text files), the file name is output
instead of "[No title]".
I can post these patches if it's of interest for some of you.