htdig: htsearch hanging

Tobias Brasier (tobias@sc.edu)
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 08:16:35 -0500

Hi all--

We are running version 3.0.8b2 under AIX 4.1. Beginning a couple of days
ago, the htsearch process would run for a long time (several minutes), then
finally time out. Server side, the process is still running, and never
dies. This happens with every htsearch, so soon we have a large number of
processes built up. We are indexing 40 servers with 39870 documents at last
count, but this number will need to increase to quite a bit more.

Does anyone have any clues to what is happening here? Thanks.

  Tobias A. Brasier
  Webmaster - The University of South Carolina
  Internet Solutions Group - Division of Libraries & Information Systems
  1244 Blossom Street, Columbia, South Carolina 29208
  voice: (803) 777-5211 | fax: (803) 777-4149
  mailto:tobias@sc.edu | http://mel.csd.sc.edu/~tobias/