RE: htdig long searches

Gene Haignere (ghaignere@horizons.com)
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 13:07:51 -0800

Is there an easy way to limit the search to the first n hits (say 1000) even if all of these are in 3 or 4 documents? Frost and Sullivan seem to be willing now to accept this sort of solution.

If most of the time is in the postprocessing phase, would it help to reduce the number of words before and after the key word? What else might help?