BOUNCE htdig: Admin request

owner-htdig@sdsu.edu
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 18:56:15 -0800 (PST)

>From andrew@contigo.com Thu Mar 12 18:56:13 1998
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 21:44:04 -0500
From: Jeff Hill <jhill@hronline.com>
To: htdig@sdsu.edu
Subject: Search Help File?

First off, I have to say ht:/Dig is super.

I'm wondering if anyone has setup a help page for searching using
ht:/Dig? I've gotten several requests for help on how to best do a
query. I can probably manage to hack something together using the
manual's htsearch instructions (although those are copyrighted by Andrew
Scherpbier [I'll need permission I assume]), but I was wondering if
anyone else has already done this and would be willing to share. It
seems the most difficult part is writing the helpful hints so that those
completely unfamiliar with the concept will still use the right string
to search.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Jeff Hill

--