htdig: Intelligent Engine...

Martyn Jones (Martyn@leis.co.uk)
11 Mar 98 17:35:17 -0800

Hi,

I am mailing you regarding a question I have been unable to resolve and after
reading a book called 'Web developer.com guide to search engines' I noticed your
e-mail address had been placed in the book.

I wondered if it is possible to create a type of thesaurus list that a search
engine can check every time it runs, and this list can be updated with relevant
words. e.g.

    If I wanted to do a fuzzy search on 'Jazz Night Out In North London'
    The search engine would check the list and think 'ah, it say's night, so I
   could also check for anything with evening'.

Is this possible, and if so would you be able to point me in the correct
direction to implementing this, thanks in advance.

Regards,
Martyn Jones