htdig: htsearch: Non of the search words were found ?

pnutton@awe.co.uk
Mon, 2 Mar 1998 09:21:39 -0000

I installed htdig a week ago and have now indexed our local intranet.
Thanks very much for a very useful (and free) program. The problem is
that many of the results from htsearch do not have the search word in
them. The sample search.html returns a number of results, many of which
include :

(Non of the search words were found in the top of this document.)

and on inspection it turns out that the search word is not in the
document (not even the code).
I am running htdig and htmerge via a cron job overnight and an
unmodified search.html to query. I have tried htdig.conf with the search
algorithm both commented out and set to exact=1 with no improvement. The
platform is SunOS 5.4.

Any ideas what is wrong ?

--
Paul Nutton