Re: htDig local file support

Sun, 01 Mar 1998 13:15:40 -0500

>Hmm, I guess it isn't working then, since in my local file
>access patch (function Document::RetrieveLocal) I have:

I figured out the problem. Due to low disk space, someone had edited our
cron script and removed the db.wordlist document. I should have figured
that one out...

>I've been planning to integrate the rest of my patches for a
>long time, but always when I found both time and energy to do
>this, Andrew's CVS server has been down, or I have found some
>other excuse :) If I get something done, I'll keep you informed...

Right now I don't have much time for editing or developing, but a friend
pointed me to the W3C's libwww robot implementation. I wonder how much work
it would take to move htdig on top of the libwww implementation. This would
certainly solve all the requests for HTTP/1.1 and probably give a decent
performance boost. Plus if the HTTP standard is updated, a new libwww
should allow ht://Dig to use the standard.

-Geoff