Thank you

Ygal Leibu (leibu.ygal@uqam.ca)
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 19:46:39 -0400

Hello Andrew,

I am the Registrar of the Université du Québec à Montréal.

I am writing to thank you for having written ht://dig and for having put
in public
domain. It is a nice piece of work, perfectcly suitble for full text
search of web sites of
schools and offices like ours. Its nicest feature is the fact that it
lends itself to
localization: we are using it ito serche pages and documents in French ,
including
databases of courses and programs, with good results.

You can see it in action at
http://www.regis.uqam.ca/htdig/search.html
where it is searching the Registrar's Office web site
and at
http://www.regis.uqam.ca/htdig/search-uqam.html
wher it is searching our whole school's web site.

The only small annoyance is that, for some unknown reason, on MacOS,
some browsers (Netscape 3.0X,Netscape Communicator 4.04, MS Internet
Explorer 3.0) are interfering with ht://dig, preventing it from
displaying pages 2 and subsequesnt of a multiple find. The only browser
working on MacOS for words containing diacriticals is MS Internet
Explorer 4.0. This problm does not occur on Windowws or on Linux.

Be it as it may, thank you for a great piece of software.

Ygal Leibu
Registraire
Université du Québec à Montréal
Tel.(514) 987-7740