htdig bug !?

Markus Weis (m.weis@ebv.com)
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 15:45:06 +0100

Hi Andrew !

I have a problem with htdig. When searching our website for a number the
search fails with "no matches were found".

Here are some examples:

Match ALL while searching "EBV 97" brings: "no matches were found" .
That's wrong.
Match ANY while searching "EBV 97" results in 193 results. That may be
correct.
Match ALL while searching "97" brings: "no matches were found" . That's
wrong.
Match ANY while searching "97" brings: "no matches were found" . That's
wrong.

Did I configure htdig in a wrong way or why does it have problems with
numbers/digits ??

(if you wanna check for yourself, point your browser to
http://www.ebv.com and choose "search the site")

Thanx in advance (and thanx for this great tool !)

Markus Weis
Webdesigner/programmer IT
EBV ELEKTRONIK GmbH