BOUNCE htdig: Admin request

owner-htdig@sdsu.edu
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 04:54:11 -0800 (PST)

>From andrew@contigo.com Wed Feb 18 04:54:09 1998
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 13:53:32 +0100
From: Mario Baetz <Mario.Baetz@desy.de>
To: htdig@sdsu.edu
Subject: Searchalgoritm

Hi,

we are using ht://DIG since some month for our Website and we like it.
But I have a probleme which could solve so far. Perhaps there is someone
out there who can help.

I want to search in German webpages for a String, let's say: Strom and
the result should give words as Stromschiene, Stromausfall etc.

In the configuration file there is the following line
search_algorithm: exact:1 synonyms:0.5 endings:0.1

The search-result just gives me the exact word, nothing else. What about
the weight? Has the sum to be 1?

May be that htfuzzy just uses an English dictionary, so tht it could not
work with German pages.
What else has to be configurated. Of course I run the htfuzzy before
trying.

Please send an answer to my email address.

Thanks
Mario

--
DESY