Re: htdig (Glasgow University Computing Service)

Ian Walker (I.Walker@compserv.gla.ac.uk)
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 12:02:33 +0000 (GMT)

Andrew,

On Tue, 10 Feb 1998, Andrew Scherpbier wrote:

> Ah! I see the problem, I think. You need to move the extern "C" ...
> line out of any method.
> The best thing is to move it to the top of the file, right after the
> includes.

Thanks for the suggestion. Although there are a quite a few warning messages
still present I now have a compiled and (after a few tests it seems) a
working version of htdig. As well as this change to ./htlib/Connection.cc
I did have to leave other changes I had made in the files

    ./Makefile.config
    ./htfuzzy/Exact.cc
    ./htfuzzy/Substring.cc
    ./htdig/Document.cc

I have kept these listed at the end of this message in case they are of
interest.

Thanks again,

Ian Walker

Cc: Andy Atkinson

--
 Dr Ian W Walker                         DEC Systems Coordinator
 UNIX Systems Support                    -------------------------------------

Makefile.config in ./ : ---------------------- # diff Makefile.config.orig Makefile.config 28c28 < LIBS= -lcommon -lht -lgdbm -lrx

---
> LIBS=         -lcommon -lht -lgdbm -lrx -lnsl -lsocket

Exact.cc in ./htfuzzy: --------------------- # diff Exact.cc.orig Exact.cc 50a51 > return 0;

Substring.cc in ./htfuzzy: ------------------------- # diff Substring.cc.orig Substring.cc 81a82 > return 0;

Document.cc in ./htdig: ---------------------- # diff Document.cc.orig Document.cc 254c254 < #ifdef _AIX

---
> // #ifdef _AIX
256,258c256,258
< #else
<     sa.sa_handler = (SIGNAL_HANDLER) timeout;
< #endif
---
> // #else
> //     sa.sa_handler = (SIGNAL_HANDLER) timeout;
> // #endif
377c377
< #ifdef _AIX
---