htdig: Had it to run - but now hangs at start

Thomas-M. Stein (stein@wiz.uni-kassel.de)
Sat, 31 Jan 1998 14:49:57 +0100 (MEZ)

Dear Group Members,

[I think this message which I a have sent on Jan 23rd has not been
distributed to the list. I resend it now]

I had a browse though the achives but couldn't find a solution yet.

I am completely puzzled and need some help.

I have installed the 'htdig-3.0.8b1' and got it to work perfectly
well. Trying to update my archives 3 weeks later I just started it
the same way like I always did (same configuartin and site) and
the whole thing just hangs right in the beginning ! I cannot
even kill the process anymore (kill -9). All what it visually
does is to to create 'db.docdb' (0 bytes).

I have delete the database and tryed it again - same result.

I have changed the start URL - same result.

I have completely recompiled the program - same result.

I have compiled and installed 'htdig-3.0.8b2' - same result.

My System Admin said that he didn't alter anything which could
cause that program halt - I try to belive :-).

I myself said that I didn't alter anything as well - so I am realy
stuck.

I will post some other mails with other questions to make it easier to
reply.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thomas