htdig: Need to search for short versions of product numbers

Cari D. Burstein (cdaveb@server.berkeley.edu)
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 20:30:31 -0800

Hi,
 I'm using htdig for our company's web site search engine, but I've
run into a snag. We would like the search to be able to search for short
versions of our product numbers. For instance, we have a laptop called
the 585Tx. If someone searches for 585 right now, they don't get any matches-
they must search for 585Tx. I assume that has something to do with it
not being a normal word ending. Does anyone have any idea how I might be
able to setup htdig to search for these?
 Also, I've tried setting the search engine up using a custom config
file which is selected via a drop down menu. When I try to get this to
work, I get an error, because somehow the path to the config file is not
coming out properly. Any ideas how to remedy this? I'm doing this
to give people an option between exact and fuzzy matches. If there's
an easier way to give people that option, I'd love to know that too.

Thanks!

-Cari D. Burstein
cdaveb@server.berkeley.edu