htdig: Compiling: Makefile line 14 problem

Thomas-M. Stein (stein@wiz.uni-kassel.de)
Fri, 23 Jan 1998 16:42:41 +0100 (MEZ)

Dear Group Members,

I try to split my questions.

Running 'make' I get an error in 'line 14' of Makefile

line
10 ...
11 NO_DIST= BETA.DIST htdig/*.conf htmerge/*.conf htsearch/*.conf \
12 htfuzzy/*.conf *.gz */*.gz *~ */*~ mailarchive \
13 .\#* */.\#* */*/.\#* \
14 CVS */CVS */*/CVS */*/*/CVS
15

I am not a programmer and hardly understand what's going on there.
I 'solved'(sorry) it by deleting that line and the '\' of line 13.

It then finished the run without errors (at least I noticed none)
and got it to work. It was the same in the both versions:
'htdig-3.0.8b1' 'htdig-3.0.8b2'

Our system is: IBM AIX Version 3 for RISC System/6000

May that somehow be connected with the problem I mentioned in my
previous mail: 'Had it to run - but now hangs at start' ?

Many thanks

Thomas

Thomas- M. Stein

*VL IRRIGATION*