Re: htdig: HtDig Sleeps

Jesse op den Brouw (jesse@crytonII.st.hhs.nl)
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 19:08:32 +0100

System Administrator wrote:

> Hi there, I installed htdig a while ago, I indexed some site and worked
> fine. Now I'm trying to index like 500 sites and htdig sleeps. I do a:
> ps -ax and it shows:
> PID TTY STAT TIME COMMAND
> 1055 ? S 0:15 ./rundig
>
> It seems that it sleeps for ever, I check every day if it finishes but
> it stays the same. Can someone please tell me what is going on,
> why it sleeps like the Sleeping Beauty.
>
> Frank

rundig is just a shell script that fires off the ht... commands. It
shouldn't consume any CPU time. What IS strange is, that your rundig
doesn't have a tty attached to it. Maybe it's a runaway process.
Check your process table if there are processes like htdig, htmerge,
htfuzzy around. If not, this rundig seems to have stuck around. If
true, there is another problem.

--jesse
Haagse Hogeschool 2521 EN DEN HAAG
Faculty of Engineering Netherlands
Electrical Engineering +31 70 4458936

Linux - because reboots are for hardware changes