Re: htdig: HtDig Sleeps

Jesse op den Brouw (
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 19:08:32 +0100

System Administrator wrote:
> Hi there, I installed htdig a while ago, I indexed some site and worked
> fine. Now I'm trying to index like 500 sites and htdig sleeps. I do a:
> ps -ax and it shows:
> 1055 ? S 0:15 ./rundig
> It seems that it sleeps for ever, I check every day if it finishes but
> it stays the same. Can someone please tell me what is going on,
> why it sleeps like the Sleeping Beauty.
> Frank

rundig is just a shell script that fires off the ht... commands. It
shouldn't consume any CPU time. What IS strange is, that your rundig
doesn't have a tty attached to it. Maybe it's a runaway process.
Check your process table if there are processes like htdig, htmerge,
htfuzzy around. If not, this rundig seems to have stuck around. If
true, there is another problem.

Haagse Hogeschool 2521 EN DEN HAAG
Faculty of Engineering Netherlands
Electrical Engineering +31 70 4458936