htdig: unable to index virtual servers on local machine

Michael M. Roth (htdig@netscout.de)
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 12:16:16 +0100

Hi there,

I installed htdig on our linux server, running apache 1.2.4 .
It works greatly with one exception:

I cannot index webpages on virtual servers ( such as http://netscout.de
)
running on the linux machine where I have installed the htdig programme.

The indexing process works with every external URL, but not with
the local virtual servers. In your htdig mailing list I read about some
problems with virtual servers which don't have their own IP address.
But this is not the case with our virtual severs.
"netscout.de" (or www.netscout.de, this is not the point), for example,
has the IP address 195.180.103.11 .
I also tried to exchange "netscout.de" by "195.180.103.11"
in the config file htdig-3.0.8b1/conf/htdig.conf . But I was SOL :(

This is kinda disappointing for me, since on MY homepages I want
to make searchable MY pages and *not* the pages of sdsu.edu
or any other external sites.

Thanx in advance for your help!

Please reply (also) to htdig@netscout.de as I'm not a member
of the htdig mailing list and check that archive only from time to time.

Regards,

--
Michael M. Roth, htdig@netscout.de