htdig: Limits on length of start_url?

Tim White (
Wed, 07 Jan 1998 19:03:49 -0500

  I've got a rather long start_url in a config file. The length is about
 bytes long. When I start up htdig the process just hangs..if I trim it
back some
 the process starts up finding 'new' servers. There's still a fair chunk
of ram
 free and loads of swap. Tracing the htdig process shows the reading of the
 file in.. a 'ret'urn from a call and then a signal of some
it's hung
 up. So my question is whether or not there are some limits on the length
of the
 start_url? Could I be running out of some kernel resource? The htdig
 ments' page only talks of disk space...nothing about process memory
Tim White Open Systems Administrative Services P.O. Box 11306
(803)-561-6464 Columbia, SC 29211