htDig local file support

Tue, 06 Jan 1998 14:10:02 -0500

Hi,

Well I have some free time on my hands and I'm looking at the htdig source
code. The first thing I put in is a local_default_file so all directory
lookups can look at index.html if it exists first. Right now it's only a
default for one filename and I haven't tested to see if it would revert to
HTTP if it's empty. I plan on checking this and expanding to allow for a
list of files for maximum flexibility.

However the biggest problem with local files access right now IMHO is that
it doesn't do update digs. More accurately, it doesn't determine that a
file hasn't changed and so it doesn't need to parse it or change the
database. I haven't started looking for the update dig code, but are there
any specific things I should watch out for? Do you have any ideas of where
I should start to look?

I'm also willing to do additional testing of any revisions you might have
made to the code (for 3.0.8b3 or 3.1 or whatever).

Thanks very much in advance, you two have done some great work with htdig!