htdig: Maxium Start_Urls: ?

Christian Gut (lametta@www2.gut.regio.de)
Wed, 31 Dec 1997 00:25:39 +0100

Hello,

I've got a little problem with htdig 3.8b2 on a i586 linux box.

I want to dig many little Sites.
Therefore I entered Many little sart_urls: .
If I start Digging ./htdig hangs up .... .
All other programs (htmerge, htnotify) seem to hang up, too.

After two hours of try and error testing: I got following result:

42 entries in start_urls works fine . 43 not?!?

So, here is my question: Are there any limits, and there could i change them ( found nothing in the
source ) ?

thanx

christian gut