Re: htdig: RE: Continuing problems with

Eric Poole (rick@eagle1.eaglenet.com)
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 18:35:37 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 17 Dec 1997, Scot Needy wrote:

> Sorry for the repost but we are still stuck on this one.
> > >
> > > "htdig just stops indexing and never starts again"

I've been stuck on this problem for months, with no hint that anyone has
any idea what's going on, and no indication that a fix is anywhere in the
foreseeable future.

It has cost us all of our credibility and has made htdig unuseable as a
serious search tool for anything but small local sites. I've started
learning C++ so that maybe I can maybe fix it myself someday, but so far
no luck.