Re: htdig: Limiting search to one host

Thomas Riehm (Thomas.Riehm@Jura.Uni-Muenchen.DE)
Thu, 18 Dec 1997 08:54:35 +0200

Mark,

On 17 Dec 97 at 21:25, Mark A. Pitman (Mark A. Pitman
<map@primenet.com>) wrote:

> If I index 2 hosts (virtual or otherwise) is there a way to limit
> the search results to only one of those hosts? We will be hosting
> multiple sites and for example when someone does a search on our
> corporate web-site, I only want to return matches from that
> web-site, not from other web-sites we will be hosting and indexing
> with the same htdig server.

just add a hidden input field to your search form to restrict the
results, like:

<input type="hidden" name="restrict"
value="http://my.first.site.com">

You could also do this using radio buttons or a combo listbox. We're
doing this with several (virtual and non-virtual) servers on our
campus. See http://www.kaththeol.uni-muenchen.de/suchen.html for a
combo box and http://www.jura.uni-muenchen.de/suchen.html for Radio
buttons.

HTH,