Re: htdig: keywords and htdig

Wed, 17 Dec 1997 22:38:29 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 17 Dec 1997, Brian Kariger wrote:

> I have similar problems with heading_factor_# not having any effect on
> indexing/searching.
>
> >In the file that I want to pump up I've added in the <head> area:
> ><META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="Academic, ACADEMIC, catalog,
> >>departments,class"

See here's the problem. Out of the build, htdig uses <meta> tags with
Name="htdig-keywords" I've got mine set to use "keywords" as you'd expect.
The setting needs to be in your config file. The syntax is something like:

keywords_meta_tag_names: keywords htdig-keywords

This allows it to index NAME="keywords" as well as "htdig-keywords" (if it
ever finds it, which I doubt on my server).

You'll probably want to set the keyword factor to something a little more
reasonable (like 50?) or you'll get almost only the keywords in
searches.

P.S. I'll second the HTTP/1.1 support, but I wouldn't know where to start.
I'm looking at the fix for Apache 1.3's new autoindex sorting now, I
expect a patch when I get back from vacation.