Re: htdig: Duplicate files with unique URLs

Wed, 10 Dec 1997 18:04:13 -0500

>I think that should be done in htlib/URL.cc. There is already some code to
>deal with "/../" in URLs. Removal of "//" shouldn't be too hard.

Wasn't there also talk of keeping a checksum or something for each file and
only keeping one copy? In this particular situation this seems very easy,
but I can think of plenty of other situations where it's not so easy to
detect a duplicate file with a unique url.

While we're at it, though, I suggest some way of stripping off strings like
"?D-A" used by Apache's new (1.3) directory sorting feature. I think this
would probably go in htlib/URL.cc as well.