Re: htdig: Problems Compiling.

Stefan Graef (graef@lsil.com)
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 13:52:00 -0800

Cesar

The problem I had with my compilation looked different but was due to
my gcc compiler setup.
May be you want to look into this as well.

CIAO

Stefan

>> From owner-htdig@sdsu.edu Fri Dec 5 12:41 PST 1997
>> X-From: uucp Fri Dec 5 12:41 PST 1997
>> >Received: from sdsu.edu (sdsu.edu [130.191.229.14]) by mail1.lsil.com with ESMTP id JAA08364
>> (8.6.12/IDA-1.6 for <graef@lsil.com>); Fri, 5 Dec 1997 09:35:59 -0800
>> Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 13:20:27 -0400 (AST)
>> From: Cesar Fernando Moro <cfmoro@din.uem.br>
>> To: htdig@sdsu.edu
>> Subject: htdig: Problems Compiling.
>> Sender: owner-htdig@sdsu.edu
>> Reply-To: Cesar Fernando Moro <cfmoro@din.uem.br>
>> Content-Type: text
>> Content-Length: 2505
>> Hello Lars-Owe...
>> On Fri, 5 Dec 1997, Lars-Owe Ivarsson wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > > I'm trying to compile htdig-3.08b1, in a AIX 4.1.4 machine.
>> > > I'm using the gnu make, and I've already installed libg++, but when I'm
>> > > compiling during the make command it leads me to the following error:
>> > >
>> > > c++ -c -g -O -DDEFAULT_CONFIG_FILE=\"/usr/local/htdig/conf/htdig.conf\"
>> > > -I../htlib -I../htcommon -I../include -I../rx-1.5/rx htnotify.cc
>> > > c++ -o htnotify -L../htlib -L../htcommon -L../gdbm-1.7.3 -L../rx-1.5/rx
>> > > htnotify.o -lcommon -lht -lgdbm -lrx
>> > > collect2: ld returned 255 exit status
>> > > ld: 0706-006 Cannot find or open library file: -l ht
>> > > ld:open(): No such file or directory
>> >
>> > First of all, have you checked that you've got a file 'libht.a' in the
>> > 'htlib/' directory of your source tree (and that it is a proper .a file)? I
>> > vaugly remember that I had to do a minor change to one of the source files in
>> > order to build the libraries properly.
>> >
>> It seems to be it.
>> I've edited htlib/Connection.cc and changed some things. It seem to be
>> ok, better it worked but later it generated another error, look:
>> make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/htdig-3.0.8b1/htdig'
>> c++ -o htdig -L../htlib -L../htcommon -L../gdbm-1.7.3 -L../rx-1.5/rx
>> collect2: ld returned 8 exit status
>> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .__inet_addr
>> ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more inf.
>> make[1]: *** [htdig] Error 1
>> I've tried to find __inet_addr, but had no success. Does anyone has a
>> suggestion now.
>> obs: After I put it on air, I'll send a message to the list with the
>> complete solution for AIX 4.1 machines.
>> Best regards
>> Cesar
>> +----------------------------------------------------------------------+
>> | Cesar Fernando Moro Email : cfmoro@din.uem.br |
>> | Systems Analist http://www.din.uem.br/~cfmoro |
>> | State University of Maringa AIX Solaris Linux Windows NT |
>> | Parana - Brazil Fone/Fax : +055-44-261-4324 |
>> +----------------------------------------------------------------------+
>> "Nunca houve uma noite ou um problema que pudesse derrotar o nascer do
>> sol ou a esperanca." Bern Williams
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe from the htdig mailing list, send a message to
>> htdig-request@sdsu.edu containing the single word "unsubscribe" in
>> the body of the message.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from the htdig mailing list, send a message to
htdig-request@sdsu.edu containing the single word "unsubscribe" in
the body of the message.

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.0b3 on Sat Jan 02 1999 - 16:25:24 PST