htdig and Digital Unix

Kenneth Jacker (khj@cs.appstate.edu)
Sat, 29 Nov 1997 18:12:49 -0500

You might remember me ... maybe 1 or 1.5 years ago I wrote to you
about problems building 'htdig' under Digital's Ultrix OS. In the end
I succeeded.

We have since upgraded our equipment to an AlphaServer 2100A running
Digital Unix (DU) 4.0B. I obtained what I believe you said (I'm on
the 'htdig' mailing list) was the best version to use: htdig-3.0.8b2.

Well guess what? I'm having trouble getting it compiled ... :-(

I have scanned and searched various mailing list archives and the WWW,
but found little mentioning the combo of 'htdig' and DU. I was hoping
that you might know of someone who's successfully built htdig-3.0.8b2
under DU4.x.

If you know of no one and are willing to help me again, I guess
I'll just summarize my problems and hope you'll have ideas.

I really want to keep using the excellent 'htdig',

-Prof Kenneth H Jacker khj@cs.appstate.edu
-Computer Science Dept
-Appalachian State Univ
-Boone, NC 28608 http://www.cs.appstate.edu/~khj