Re: Prefix algorithm and other tweaks

Esa Ahola (
Fri, 28 Nov 1997 01:50:33 -0500 (EST)

> 1. Yank GDBM and substitute Berkeley DB in Btree mode. Random index
> and sorted index in one!

This was easier than I thought, and I don't even speak C++. Kudos aplenty
to your exceptionally clear code!

I have implemented a prototype "prefix" fuzzy algorithm. Works wonders
so far in limited testing; see

Seems that additional configuration variables are in order, such as max
prefix matches and minimum prefix length (one or two-character prefixes
will be rather hopeless with large databases.)

This is exciting; I think prefix matching is by far the most useful fuzzy

Esa Ahola