Re: htdig: RE: Continuing problems with hangups,

Jesse op den Brouw (jesse@crytonII.st.hhs.nl)
Wed, 26 Nov 1997 15:59:25 +0100

Scot Needy wrote:

> Hi;
>
> This is a repost of a queston last month.
>
> Has anyone seen this or have a patch?
>
> "htdig just stops indexing and never starts again"
>
> htdig -vv shows
> timeout
> timeout
> timeout
> timeout

Sorry, haven't seen this. NOTE!!! Make sure you have
version 3.0.8b2 (http://htdig.sdsu.edu/files). Old
versions have many bugs in them....

> But I have set timeout to 20 (timeout: 20) in my conf file,
> and verified the httpd server is up and responding.
>
> It seems if htdig cannot connect to a httpd server it never recovers.
>
> Please Help I am still going nuts!

I bet you are!

> Thanks
> Scot

--jesse
Haagse Hogeschool 2521 EN DEN HAAG
Sector Techniek Netherlands
Afdeling Elektrotechniek +31 70 4458936

Linux - because reboots are for hardware changes