Re: htdig question

Paul Z. Skiba (pzskiba@delaware.infi.net)
Mon, 17 Nov 1997 16:54:44 +0000

Hello,
This isn't exactly what I was looking for. I will give you a quick
description of my problem. I am indexing a directory of html pages.
Each of these pages contains an entertainment event along with a couple
of pulldown menus, used for navigation, and another ht://Dig search
window. The problem is that when someone does a search, the search
results return my navigation. Instead of a description of the event
they get:

Spectator Sports Take the Kids Choose a Date Today This Week This
Weekend Next
                          Week This Month Next Three Months Keyword
Search: Back to
"then the description of the event starts"

The terms account for almost all my navigation. My question is this is
there some way to 'specify' for HT://Dig what part of the page TO index
OR what part of the page to NOT to index.

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul Skiba