timeout

Scot Needy (scot@finch.engrs.infi.net)
Fri, 14 Nov 1997 06:47:57 -0500

HELP!

I have posted this several times but have not
received any kind of response. Other than one person
who said they were having a similar problem.

If anyone is having this trouble I would like to know.
Just so I know I am not doing something wrong. If it
is a known problem then I can deal with that but at this
point I have no confirmation whether it is my configuration
or a problem with htdig.

PROBLEM
-------
htdig will hang and stop indexing.
-vv shows
timeout
timeout
timeout

But I have timeout set to 20 in my htdig.conf
timeout: 20

The page may have timeout once while it was digging but even after I
restart httpd htdig seems to be stuck in a timeout state.

I have looked in the mailing list history and have not seen any
patch or posts related to this.

htdig-3.0.8b2
SUN Enterprise Server 3000
2 SPARC ULTRA II 256Mhz
1 Gig of RAM
compiled with gcc

Any information or confirmation would be appreciated.

Thanks
Scot