Michael Blakeley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 20:35:57 -0800
I've downloaded ht://Dig 3.0.8b1 and installed it on a FreeBSD system. I
had to make a couple mods to get things working to my satisfaction.
First, I found that gdbm.h wasn't being found. Here's my fix:
diff -w htdig-3.0.8b1/Makefile.config.in htdig-3.0.8b1+/Makefile.config.in
< INCS= -I../htlib -I../htcommon -I../include -I../@RX_DIR@/rx
--- > INCS= -I../htlib -I../htcommon -I../include -I../@RX_DIR@/rx >-I../@GDBM_DIR@
Second, I had a problems with the SCRIPT_NAME being passed into the CGI variable, for use as the FORM action. I wanted to have htsearch in the same directory as search.html, but my server (Best-www) doesn't start SCRIPT_NAME with a '/'. So I added one:
diff -wr htdig-3.0.8b1/htsearch/Display.cc htdig-3.0.8b1+/htsearch/Display.cc 240c240,244 < vars.Add("CGI", new String(getenv("SCRIPT_NAME")));--- > vars.Add("CGI", new String(form("/%s", getenv("SCRIPT_NAME"))));
Finally, a couple minor things: * the make install process doesn't allow me to have htsearch installed as htsearch.cgi - I'd like to. * the make install changes the CGIBIN directory to group-writable. That's a security problem, so my ISP won't execute CGIs from a group-writable directory. That took me a bit to find :-) * The make install should make sure that the htdig hierarchy is group/world-readable, and the directories should be group/world-exec, so that the CGI can run as nobody.
I'm still playing around, so no functional feedback yet. Looks like a nice program, and it was actually pretty easy to set up.
thanks, -- Mike
Michael Blakeley email@example.com http://www.blakeley.com
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.0b3 on Sat Jan 02 1999 - 16:25:12 PST