htdig: How works soundex?

Christian Gut (
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 13:26:34 +0100

I've just a simple Question concerning the Soundex implementation.

I thoungth htfuzzy builds a Database Soundex-Key->Word_in_a_document.
And htsearch builds the soundex-key of the KeyWord and looks in the
soundex-database for all Words with the same Key.
Then You get all pages with matches the same soundex-key.

First test search of 'shhk':
Htsearch matches all pages with 'shk' (because where no words with

Second Test search of 'brenwert':
Htsearch found no pages although there are pageswith 'brennwert'

What's wrong?

christian gut