HTDig....

Art Pollard (PollardA@Hawaii.Edu)
Wed, 12 Nov 1997 13:02:58 -0700

Hi.

I was just looking at HTDig. Looks like it is pretty cool stuff.

I was wondering who has the copyright to it? You or SDSU? Why you
ask? Well, I have built a real nice search engine which is quite fast
for indexing and searching. The indexes themselves are quite small and
are very fast to search. (Only one disk IO typically). I have been
considering building a search engine/web crawler for commercial
purposes and I was thinking that HTDig might be a place to start.

Anyways, it seems like a pretty nice system from what I have seen so
far. BTW: What ranking algorithm did you use? What sort of index
overhead do you get typically? And How fast is your indexing process?
(MB/HR)

Thanks,

-Art
Comp.Theory.Info-Retrieval Moderator