Re: htdig: Patches & Return Pages

Jesse op den Brouw (jesse@crytonII.st.hhs.nl)
Wed, 12 Nov 1997 11:44:01 +0100

Jeff Hill wrote:

> Two questions:
>
> I understand there are patches for htdig-3.0.8b1, but I was unable to
> find them at htdig.sdsu.edu. Are they available? If not, I'm trying to
> see what might speed up my vanilla use of rundig to index my little site
> (100MB of files). Currently, it's taking 6.5 hours to index on a P150
> with 32MB RAM. That seems slow.
>
> Second, I was told how to setup separate search pages to search only
> certain directories of my website, but I'ld like to have separate
> header/footer return pages for those searches so that users know they're
> still in the same area. Any suggestions?

You can best upgrade to htdig-3.0.8b2. It seems that al the 8b1 patches
are included. Problem: how do you get there? Type in netscape or lynx

http://htdig.sdsu.edu/files

and you get a directory listing. Download from there.

--jesse
Haagse Hogeschool 2521 EN DEN HAAG
Sector Techniek Netherlands
Afdeling Elektrotechniek +31 70 4458936

Linux - because reboots are for hardware changes