htdig: Patches & Return Pages

Jeff Hill (jhill@hronline.com)
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 22:30:38 -0500

Two questions:

I understand there are patches for htdig-3.0.8b1, but I was unable to
find them at htdig.sdsu.edu. Are they available? If not, I'm trying to
see what might speed up my vanilla use of rundig to index my little site
(100MB of files). Currently, it's taking 6.5 hours to index on a P150
with 32MB RAM. That seems slow.

Second, I was told how to setup separate search pages to search only
certain directories of my website, but I'ld like to have separate
header/footer return pages for those searches so that users know they're
still in the same area. Any suggestions?

Thank you for any help.

Regards,

Jeff Hill

P.S. ht://Dig is great !