htdig: Follow-up: Form variable: RESTRICT

Jason Oesterly (joesterl@services.state.mo.us)
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 09:35:28 -0600

After re-reading my question about the RESTRICT form variable, I realized
that I didn't make my question very clear. So here I go again.....

I am using a select box to set the RESTRICT variable as shown here:

<select name=restrict>
<option value=''>All sites
<option value='www.spanish.net'>Spanish
<option value='www.french.net'>French
<option value='www.german.net'>German
</select>

Now suppose there is another French site (say, www.france.net) that I have
indexed.

Is it possible to add this new site to the 'French' selection above so that
if a user selects 'French' it will search URL's containing either
www.french.net _or_ www.france.net? If not, is anyone using a satisfying
workaround?

I tried the suggestion of double quoting the strings as follows:

<option value="www.french.net www.france.net">French

...but this gives no results (I'm assuming because htsearch is trying to
match it as a single string.

I hope this clears up my question a little bit.

Thanks for your help!

Jason
joesterl@mail.state.mo.us