htdig: Follow-up: Form variable: RESTRICT

Jason Oesterly (
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 09:35:28 -0600

After re-reading my question about the RESTRICT form variable, I realized
that I didn't make my question very clear. So here I go again.....

I am using a select box to set the RESTRICT variable as shown here:

<select name=restrict>
<option value=''>All sites
<option value=''>Spanish
<option value=''>French
<option value=''>German

Now suppose there is another French site (say, that I have

Is it possible to add this new site to the 'French' selection above so that
if a user selects 'French' it will search URL's containing either _or_ If not, is anyone using a satisfying

I tried the suggestion of double quoting the strings as follows:

<option value="">French

...but this gives no results (I'm assuming because htsearch is trying to
match it as a single string.

I hope this clears up my question a little bit.

Thanks for your help!