htdig: RE: htsearch

Hadi Raad (hadi@cyberia.net.lb)
Mon, 27 Oct 1997 09:57:40 +0200

Well yes this was long time ago.. I think I solved this problem.. although I'm not using it now...but it worked then..

What you have to do is use different configuration files...and in each search specify the relevant conf file..

And in each conf file use the
database_dir:
parameter to specify the directory to hold the new databases.

Perform the dig then the search each using the relevant conf file..

I hope I could make it clear...

-----Original Message-----
From: David Carter [SMTP:david@corp.netcom.net.uk]
Sent: Saturday, October 25, 1997 3:17 AM
To: hadi@cyberia.net.lb
Subject: htsearch

Dear Hadi,

Hi. I hope you don't mind me mailing you.

I have the exact same question that you did - how to have multiple
databases for htsearch.

I want two different search engines on the same server - one indexing our
LAN and external sites and one indexing just the external site. So two
forms, calling different htsearch's? Or perhaps with some command line
options.

I've looked but I can't find the answer. If you can help I'd be very
grateful.

Many TIA,

--
David Carter, 2nd Level Support, NETCOM Internet.
david@corp.netcom.net.uk