htdig wildcard

Glenn Little (little@cs.ucsd.edu)
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 14:03:55 -0700 (PDT)

  Andrew, I can't find docs on using wildcards in an htdig search. Is
  it in fact not available, or am I just looking in the wrong place?
  I'm looking for the ability to search on arbitrary substrings of
  words. For instance, search on "drew" to find "Andrew". The
  engine doesn't appear to look for these on its own, so I was
  hoping to be able to search for, say "*drew*". I realize the
  fuzzy algorithms provide *some* of this functionality, but I'd
  still like to be able to provide this in a more general way.

  Any chance it's there, or soon to be there?

  Thanks much...

                -glenn
                glittle@ucsd.edu