htdig: Has anyone merged databases?

Scot Needy (scot@finch.engrs.infi.net)
Wed, 22 Oct 1997 10:52:56 -0400

 Hi;

 While I am asking all these questions....

 Has anyone merged multiple databases?
 It seems I could dig then cat the respective files together to create
 a larger word db then run htmerge on the new file?

Also forgive me if have missed this in the documentation but
could someone tell me what each of these files really do and
the process which htdig/htmerge creates or uses them?
I understand the .work files are alternate files but...

 db.docdb
 db.docdb.work
 db.docs.index
 db.docs.index.work